Packing a healthy tiffin becomes easy with this recipe
The new school session has begun and every mother’s biggest concern is – How to pack the most nutritious food in their kids’ tiffin which is tasty as well as appealing to the kids at the same time?
So, here is a recipe which serves exactly the purpose. It is power packed with carbohydrates and protein and rich in iron and calcium.
Classic Wholewheat Muffin
Prep time : 20 mins Cooking time 35-40 mins Level : Medium
1 cup Wholewheat flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
1 pinch Salt
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 nos. Egg (seperate)
1/4 cup Oil
1/2 cup Milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extraxt
1/2 cup nuts of choice (optional)
1/4 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- Seieve wholewheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. Keep aside
- Beat brown sugar, egg yolk, oil and milk together till sugar melts and forms a runny liquid.
- Beat eggwhite seperately. Keep aside.
- Now mix the dry ingredients to the brown sugar , milk and egg mixture slowly, adding 3-4 tablespoons at a time.
- Mix it gently, just as much so that no lumps remain. Add vanilla extract now.
- you can add nuts of your choice at this point.
- Now fold in the egg white in to the batter by not beating it too much.
- Line a muffin tray with paper muffin liners and fill them 3/4th with this batter.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake for 35-40 mins or till an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Place the baked muffins on a cooling rack. Once cooled, dust them with icing sugar.
Voila! Your Healthy wholewheat muffins are ready to ba packed in the Tiffinbox.